Man alive! Life as an intuitive empath can be exhausting....if you don't know that you are an empath and if you don't know how to handle energy.
Here's a list of my TOP 10 Energy Truth bombs for all empaths out there.
Can you relate gorgeous.....????
Empaths and Sensitives
1) Get drained easily by negative, dramatic people (and try at all costs to avoid them)
2) Avoid crowds
3) Find noisy places exhausting
4) Can't be doing shopping malls (even the food shopping can be an energy overwhelm)
5) Need a LOT of quiet time by yourself
6) Desperately need your own SPACE
7) Can't have anyone too close within your personal space
8) People always tell your their deepest secrets (if you had a dollar for every time some one said you are the only person that I've told this to....or I don't know why I'm telling you this)
9) Love nature, nature, nature
10)Have to refuel by being in your own energy.
If any of these resonate you are not alone. Empaths and sensitives are becoming more and more common as we all shift and rise in consciousness.
Tips to manage your energy
1) Frequent time to you - guilt free! Being an empath is the way that you are built - and your soul battery literally needs it.
2) Meditation - connect in with the one true endless ongoing power source of energy by connecting with the divine.
3) Cleansing - Sage your self, your space, let the windows be open. Ask your guides and angels to clear you and your space
4) "No" is a complete sentence. Ditch the guilt and put yourself first.
5) Commit to yourself and your energy - My biggest commitment is to me first and foremost. If my energy isn't right, I will cancel commitments without any guilt these days. Sorry but I am number one.
6) Guard your light - I don't care if they are your family, or your long term friends ......be totally fine with not answering the phone, walking away, saying "sorry I've got to go" and guarding your light. Dramatic energy vampires who are not prepared to look at themselves and do their own soul work are toxic to empaths and not your responsibility.
7) Get on to the earth and group, connect, ask the trees to clear your energy field.
8) Only be around people who uplift you, support you, encourage you and value and respect your time and your energy.
9) If a friendship is 'all about them'....walk away or tell them that you expect them to show equal interest in you and your life otherwise you are not interested (if that's too hard minimize all contact and have clear time frames around how much time you will talk on the phone or be around them)
10) Recognize that you are different from some people. That being an EMPATH is different. It is a very real thing to be drained by other peoples energy and that as an empath you must value and support your own energy field. Your energy is just too precious to be 'used' by other people.
Every single soul on the planet has the ability to connect in with their own direct source to the divine. You are not here to rescue another person, be someone's toxic dumping ground, be emotionally manipulated or blackmailed by another, or to save anyone.
The greatest, most wonderful gift, you give to the world, is to love yourself by taking care of you.
Thank you precious, sensitive soul.
I know how harsh the energies of this world at times are and fully and deeply respect your loving beautiful heart.
Gilly Godward is an Intuitive Soul Mentor and Energy healer who uses her soul gifts to help people be free of their old unconscious stories and energy and to become lighter, and free.